This prestigious building is in an excellent location in the centre of St. Gallen. The building was constructed around 1900 using reinforced concrete in a column structure and is an outstanding example of the buildings erected in St. Gallen around the turn of the century to house embroidery businesses. It has five standard upper floors above the ground floor, which houses shops, an upper mezzanine level and an attic level for office use. The sandstone facade, which was renovated in 2002, has listed bronze reliefs. The iron and glass entrance door and the lift – the oldest in St. Gallen, boasting lattice-design cladding and a wooden cabin – are also listed. The building is mainly used as offices.